More Fernbank!
We've been keeping busy and getting use out of our membership! In The Arctic was the newest IMAX film to hit Fernbank, and after going with Jason and some friends on opening night, I ended up taking the kids to see it during the week. They both loved it and payed attention the entire time!
Here's a picture from the movie
Matt watching the polar bears
Sammie watching the polar bears
And of course we went to the cool indoor forest afterwards...
New Sensory Project??
Remember the cool water-bed-thingy I wanted to try to do with the kids? Well, we did it! I couldn't have picked a worse day to make it {with crappy weather and all}, and my excitement got the best of me because it ended up being a failure :(
I used all our blue food coloring and the project started out great...
...then it started to slide down our ever so slightly sloped yard...
I read that the ground had to be pretty flat, but I didn't know it had to be 100% flat! As you can image, the damn thing rolled all the way down to the lowest part of our backyard, feeding it's way under the 4" gap below our fence. Needless to say, the damn bag was over a hundred pounds of dead weight at this point, and after straining my muscles to attempt pulling it up, I went all dial-M-for-murder on it -- jabbing it with scissors to drain all the water out. {I was really pissed.}
After relocating the plastic, patching up all the holes I made {there were about 12}, and wasting all the awesome blue food coloring, I tried the project again, filling it back up with ugly, uncolored water. I swear, our water bill is going to be double this month.
Finished product! Sammie loved laying on and exploring the different movement of the cold, squishy bed! She had fun figuring out how to balance and move on it, too!
Matt loved playing on it, too, but didn't want to go barefoot. This is where more problems started: I think I may have filled it too much and the pressure of his shoes caused the plastic to stretch and eventually bust if he repeated his steps and stretched the plastic more and more. We are going to have to try this project and give it a little more thought next time. And perhaps actually waiting until the weekend so Dada, the awesome engineer superhero, can help us is a good idea :)
Mothers' Day!
I celebrated my 2nd Mothers' Day today! Last night my mom and I went out to eat at Ocean Prime, and then today I relaxed at home with my little booboos and Jason. Then we visited with my mom in the evening. The kids got me a sweet card and let me sleep in, and Jason did a bunch of things around the house that I had been wanting to get done. {I know that sounds pretty lame, but it's actually what I really wanted.} Poor sissy woke up with a runny nose and feeling crumby, so she napped twice today and was cranky :( Other than that, it was a great day -- I'm blessed!
Of course, the joys of attempting a family picture...
Lovin' on Dada
My sweet girl <3 {poor sicky face!}
My handsome trouble maker! <3
Sibling Love
It's awesome when M & S play "together"! I usually enjoy it so much that I"m on the floor with them, but was able to snap this one:
BTW, my kids aren't always nekked. They both sleep and nap in just their diapers, and then sometimes it's fun to sing and dance pantless in your house :)
Update on my Dad
My dad has been discharged from St. Joe's and is at a rehab facility where he will be getting speech, occupational, and physical therapy. He is having a hard time adjusting to the new environment and staff. The more lucid he becomes, the more hostile and aggressive he is. He still struggles with cognition and memory a lot, too. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Our family would love to see him progressed enough to return home to his familiar surrounding.
No comments:
Post a Comment