Sunday, May 27

Kicking Off a Great Summer!

Our family is ready to begin 7 days of lots of summer fun :)  To start off, it's Memorial Day tomorrow.  Everyone always loves hanging out with their family and friends and thinking about the service people who have stood by our country.  I'm honored to celebrate my father {Retired Army}, my uncle {Retired  Navy}, and my cousin {currently active in the Navy}.  I even have a cousin who graduated from high school last week who is contemplating the Air Force!  It's pretty cool to have those people close to me, and a slew of extended family members from both my side and Jason's.

Our awesome week continues with a beach trip to Cape San Blas, FL -- a remote little stretch of land close to Port of Joe and Mexico Beach.  The 4 of us are going with my family.  I can't wait to be lazy by the pool and beach, watch Matt and my niece Lucy play in the sand, and put little Sam's toes in the ocean for the first time!  Aside from vegging out, Lucy and I have a morning date to go horseback riding on the beach, Jason's going to play a couple rounds of golf, and I think Jason and I are going to try to go snorkeling {if you know me even a little, you know this is a big step!!}. 

The land at the top right is Florida mainland; CSB is the cape off to the left.
The house we're renting is on the gulf side by the white sands.

How beautiful is this teeny tiny bit of land???

The last bit of excitement we have going on this week is Jason's birthday on Wednesday!  I'm not sure what we're going to do, but we have some good friends vacationing in Laguna Beach {about 75 minutes away}, so maybe we'll meet up for dinner and drinks with them!

I'll be sure to take lots of a pictures all throughout the week and post them when we return on Sunday.  Here's to a safe and enjoyable vacation for our little family!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun! So jealous that looks beautiful, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete