Relaxing before his big day!
He certainly looks skeptical, but really he was just munchin' on a snack
And off we go to mama's car! Big smile, my love!
So when we got out of the car, he was so excited and proud to put his preschool bag on his shoulder and march on up to the stairs to meet his teachers. He kept repeating, "Yay, 'cool!" and pointed out all the little trees and ants on the ground outside. When we made it to the building he was greeted by a screamer, a nervous fellow, and a flippant classmate. All three expressing feelings that Matt was surely NOT in tune with -- my awesome big boy walked right up and responded to his teachers' morning greetings with, "Hey. Hi. Hey." My heart melted and I knew that my tough kiddo was going to be just fine and in the hands of loving ladies that were going to show him cool things all morning long! So I bent down and asked for a kiss; he took a step back towards me to lean in for a cheeky kiss before walking into the building like he's taking on the world. I waved and sent him off with no tears or sad feelings from this mama, all because I know he loves to learn, gets excited for new friends, and thrives with sweet people taking care of him.
When I went to pick him up he was all smiles! I gave him a balloon and told him I was proud of him, and he showed me his sticker his teachers gave him. Then he said, "Bye, 'cool!" and during the car ride home he kept saying, "'Cool, yay!" and practicing his alphabet: A, A, A, B, A, D... He can identify and say 19 of the letters, but hasn't been able to string them together yet, so I'm just all smiles that he's piecing together at least some of the starting letters, even if they are out of order ;-)
My last bit for this post is a side story that I thought I'd share:
I don't like a lot of eastern foods, but on the rare occasion I'll want some Chinese noodles. Well, when I was pregnant with Matt but didn't know yet, I got this fortune in my cookie:
Then right after I found out I was pregnant with Sammie, I got this fortune:
This was so true because not only did I put my kids and husband as my top priority, but I was making my dad and grandmother {both having medical battles at the time} priorities of mine.
Then, yesterday me and the kids were at my mom's for dinner and we had Chinese delivered. Matt's fortune cookie was this:
Call me crazy, but I'd say the Chinese are pretty good fortune tellers :)
No comments:
Post a Comment