Saturday, August 18

Matt's Party Pics and Other News

I know it's been a while since I wrote, and for those family members far away who miss their little Babies B, I apologize :) 

I have tons of catching up to do, and lots of good news to share with everyone, so let's start with first things first: me finally updating the blog with Matt's birthday party pictures!  I always get caught up in the moment at our parties that I forget to take pictures -- I'm horrible about it!  But we got a few from my father-in-law so that's what I'll post. 

Birthday Cupcake!

Telling godfather Corleone Mazzolini all about his toys


Matt and his cousin Kevin.  Despite the picture, they were sharing :)

And here's a little piece of nostalgia just 'cause...

Matty's first birthday
{and my being 5 month pregnant with Sammie}



Now on to other things...
  • Matt starts school at a parochial day school on Monday!  We had parent night and "Meet the Teachers" this week and we're all thrilled about him going!  He is going to LOVE it!!!
  • Matt's also going to be starting speech therapy in the next few weeks with a private SLP.  We've done the evals and although his words are where they should be {technically, even though my thoughts are that they should be a little higher}, his communication as a whole is just under the median bar.  So hopefully with just a little bit of work from us, him, and his therapist, he should be well above that bar and thriving!  His comprehension and processing is so high that we just gotta help him get those thoughts and expressions out :-)
  • I don't have to keep the secret anymore that one of my dear friends {who also happens to be my cousin, lucky us!} and her husband are expecting their first baby early next year!  She's thinking it's a girl, but we'll have to wait about four more weeks for a gender reveal party.  I'm so excited for them!
  • My niece Lucy will be turning 7 in less than a month which means it's horseback riding time!  Her and I started a little tradition last year between ourselves to do lessons at Ellenwood since it's something we both enjoy.  However last year, I was pregnant with Sam and couldn't ride, so Lucy had to do alone with me just watching her outside the corral.  Now I can ride with her -- we're both looking forward to that!
  • My little waterbug Sammie is going to go swimming twice a week now at our club.  She absolutely loves the water and I need to get her in it as much as possible.  Besides... she's super cute splashing around the pools :)
I'll update again with Sammie's 9 month birthday picture and stats from her doctor appointment later this week.  Happy weekend to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment