Monday, July 23

Life Lately

I have to start off by saying that last week I had strep.  Yes, strep.  Like what an elementary kid gets. 

It.  Was.  Horrific.

I ran a fever up to 104 degrees, had chills, and couldn't swallow solids.  I haven't felt that bad from a sickness since January 2000 {and yes, I remember exactly when it was, it was that bad}.  I tell ya, me and the kids haven't had it easy with sickness lately it seems.  Matt and I were never sick until that time Sam got RSV in December.  Then it's been touch and go since then.  I think part of it has to do with us going to a bunch of gross places {indoor play places, libraries, etc. -- a few different things a week} and the other part is that the two kids are constantly swapping germs between their little cute fingers, slimy toys, and their close proximity.  It's rare that I get sick, though.  And damn, I hope that doesn't happen again for a long, LONG time. 

So aside from the week of doing nothing, Jason did a few things with them last week while I recouped in bed, and then over the weekend and today I had the kids out trying to enjoy the weather while it's bearable.  Here's to hoping no more days in the high 90's/low 100's!

Playing in Matt's room

An old coffee can makes a good toy :)  My little Spanish babies!

 
"Heyyyyyy, BeeBee!"
Both kids absolutely love our Brie


Our first day out after my strep: getting the car detailed.  It needed it BADLY.  Also, Matt loved watching the car go through the "bath" and really enjoyed them cleaning it, which took 50 minutes!  {That's a win-win situation for a mom}

Sammie, Lucy, and Matt in the car to visit my dad!

At the zoo today



And last, a video of my little muffin bunnies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment