So what's been so busy with September? Well, a lot of things. For starters...
JB broke his hand. It's called "boxer's fracture", where the outer most bone in the hand breaks. His isn't a hairline, wimpy break either. Oh no. The guy full on had his bone break down the middle and shift.
He was supposed to be casted for 6 weeks, which of course my husband interprets as 4 weeks, which in turn means his hand is casted for 2 and half weeks. ...And he wonders why he can't spread his pinky finger now... {eye roll} He's tossed the idea around of getting surgery to rebreak the bone and set it using pins since it has healed off-set, but given that the surgeon said the decision is Jason's, I doubt he'll actually go through with it. The injury put him out for the rest of his baseball season, causing him to miss the last regular season game and all the playoff games. He was extremely upset about that, but he's already excited for next season to begin.
Onto more positive news...
The kids and I have been enjoying the fall weather that has snuck up on us! We've been enjoying several trips to the Botanical Gardens, trying different playgrounds, spending time in our yard exploring and changing up the landscape, and just plain ol' having fun!
@ the Botanical Garden
A nice turtle we met in our cul-de-sac after a quick rainstorm passes through
Lunch dates with my babies are such a treat <3
Sammie waiting outside at dada's office. He was taking his girls out to lunch :)
Aaaaaand we have a walker! Stay tuned for a video, I'll upload it soon!
Now onto other people's news...
My cousin and her husband found out they're having a baby girl!!! Yay!! And she asked me to be her daughter's godmother {I get a huuuuuuuge smile when I think about it!}. We met up on Friday and talked about what it would be like if she had a girl -- this is before she knew -- and how fun it would be to have Sammie and her little girl close in age like we were. We both are the only daughter in our families and we grew up the being each other's "fill in" sister. Our families did everything together, and we loved keeping to ourselves and doing girly things! Although our daughter's are going to be 5th cousins {Stefanie and I are 3rd cousins}, I still hope that they have a close bond with one another like we do.
Theresa Caputo, aka The Long Island Medium, is coming to Atlanta at the end of October and I'm going with a girlfriend and her mom to see her! We're all three huuuuge fans of her and show! It's going to be so fun!
I feel like there's more to share but I can't think about it right now. I'll get a couple videos of Sam up and some other cute ones, too.
Wishing everyone a happy end to September! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment