Friday, June 29

Spreading Germs

Just when I started to tell myself that I was going to be updating the blog more, everyone in our family got sick!  Well, except for Jason.  It started last Friday with Sammie... she was super cranky and ran a low-grade fever.  I didn't think much of it and skipped any Tylenol.  Come Saturday morning, poor thing puked twice and ran a 102* fever.

Poor chickenlicken! I let her stay in bed with me during her morning bottle :(
 

Good thing is, by the time she woke up from her nap on Saturday, she was fine.  So,  I figured: Yay for 24-hour stomach bugs!!  And we continued on with our Saturday watching the Euro with Nick Mazzolini.

Just when I think all is well, Matt wakes up crying Sunday morning at around 7:15.  We knew that wasn't a good sign.  Jason goes to grab him and Matt is bur-ning-up.  Long story short, he pukes twice that morning also and is in a horrible mood all day  :(   

Spending time in the bath, trying to prevent messy vomit moments
{doesn't he just look pitiful???}

We had plans to go to a spray park with one of Matt's little friends on Monday, and I figured he had the same thing as Sammie and that he'd wake up fine the next morning.  But nope -- kiddo was still sick.  So inside we stayed alllllllllllllll day.

The next day, I freaking wake up with a stuffy nose {the kind where you can't blow the gunk out!}, a sore and raspy throat, and just a general feeling of crap.  So now that I felt horrible, Matt and Sammie are ready to go have fun to make up for lost time.  Fantastic.  So inside we stayed again.  Then, as you can imagine, it was just a snowball effect from there... Sammie woke up Wednesday with a runny nose, Matt woke up from his Wednesday nap with a cough, blah blah blah, sick sick sick, whatever.  I tried to get out a few times the week though, mainly to avoid ourselves from going BSC from cooped up all day, but also to get out of the disgusting, germ-filled recycled air that I felt was circulating in the vents.  Yuck...




Let's face it: it's just too friggin' hot.

{Not sure if you can tell without zooming in, but his face is beet-red in this heat!}

We're going to try to stay inside or in a pool as much as possible this weekend!  The weather is insane in Atlanta the next few days!  Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment