...FINALLY...
...FINALLY!!!!!...
...made progress on updating our horrid mid-90's kitchen. I don't have a picture of what the original kitchen looked like when we first moved it, but here are some gems of evidence of what should have never been done in the construction world.
For those of you who have partied at Casa de Mio know that the day I got my wisdom teeth out in 2006, I hurriedly painted the birch colored cabinets a dark brown to help ease the 90's grossness. Well, it didn't really work once the Percocet high wore off. And then couple the poop-color cabinets with our nice, dark brown hardwood floors, and you can imagine what the kitchen looked like. {If you need help, think of a porta-potty at the end of a concert.} It was so dark and... dark. And ugly. And old. And NINETIES. STILL. Ugh! So for years I kept telling JB I wanted to redo it. At first I wanted a new everything, but when we priced out exactly what I was looking for, we decided robbing a bank would be the best alternative to fund that.
After many plans to do bits and pieces of it getting pushed aside for whatever reason, we seemed to finally have a goal that we were confident in achieving. Flash forward to 2010 when we decided to do finally redo the kitchen post-Matty B. Well, long story short, I got pregnant with Blondie Magoo and the new kitchen dreams got postponed. Again. I was really, really bummed. {Although, yes, I do love Sammie more than any kitchen in the world.}
Flash forward again to present time. As my birthday approaches in October, Jason asked me what I wanted and I couldn't help but think, 'Ya know... a fresh coat of paint wouldn't be a bad idea...' So off we went to Home Depot for some grey paint and to say "good riddance" to our porta-potty kitchen.
YAYYYYY!
And now, drum roll please!!!!
Since Jason and my parents were such big fans of the huge impact the grey cabinets had on the kitchen, we can't just stop there. We're also getting new counter tops, lights, backsplash and a new dishwasher that friggin' works properly!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMASVERSARYBIRTHVALENSDAY TO ME! I'll post more pictures when the counter tops are in, but for now you can see the newly painted cabinets.
I need to figure out a way to hide that stupid wooden swirl above the sink. Ugghh, don't you just HATE 90's decor? Did anyone else just vomit? Anyone? Bueller?

No comments:
Post a Comment