Saturday, December 1

Last of the "Thankful" Posts and Thanksgiving

Hello, again!  I'm sure you'd suspect that with the bulk of the holiday season present, my habit of not making the time to share posts would flare up.  And you were right.  So here is the last bit of my "Thankful For..." posts. 


Nov. 20: I was reminded this day that patience something that not many people have.  I was reminded of this because our UPS guy came three different times to pick up a package for me that I repeatedly forgot to put outside.  And he always left a kind note.  So, thank you Mr. UPS Delivery Guy.  Your kindness wasn't overseen :)

Nov. 21: With the holidays being a time that everyone wants to be with their loved ones, I've gotta say that I'm thankful for the service people {fire, medical, safety, etc.} that work on days that prevent them from celebrating the holidays with their family and friends.  Thank you for caring for others!

Nov. 22: It's a long tradition that Thanksgiving is spent at my dad's cousin's house.  She's the most amazing cook and always opens her home to my grandparents, their siblings, my dad, his brothers, and their cousins, and everyone's kids.  {It basically is a giant family tree drawn out; no body misses this feast!}  As my cousin, Stefanie, and I have grown up, we realize how different the dynamic of the gathering is compared to 10 or 15 years ago.  ...And while it's a dinner filled with less screaming {the good, Spanish kind}, less chaos, and much less commotion, it's a dinner that is filled with MORE love and support for family than every before.  What a wonderful time to remind myself that I love my family, especially -- and openly -- my dad's side of the family who I think is the best family there is.

Even though they drive me BSC.  <3

Not sure if this is PC, but that's the cutest damn Indian I've ever seen

Nov. 23: On the Friday after Thanksgiving we went to my mom's house to do our dinner with my brother and his family.  That kind of environment is always much different than the previous day for several different reasons.  #1, there's heavier alcohol; #2, there's less people; #3, there's less filtering; #4, it's a laaaaaaate night.  But, regardless, it's a fun night!!!!!!  I really had fun hanging out with my niece after her mom went to go see my niece's other grandma and my brother passed out on the couch while watching multiple football games.  She's an interesting one, but she's pretty damn cool :)

Lucy and the kids at Fernbank

Nov. 24: I can't forget to mention that I'm thankful for my niece's mom, Sarah.  She's one of my greatest friends and kind of like the little sister you never wanted {haha}. But I know that when the sh!t hits the fan, that weirdo is always there for me.  And she's an amazing aunt to my honey booboos :)  Thanks, Aunt RahRah.

my niece, Lucy  |  me  |  Sarah  |  Sammie

Nov. 25: I can't forget to mention that I give thanks to the retirement community my dad resides at and its employees all the time.  They are fantastic people who have given my dad another chance at being happy and independent.  What an amazing community that he lives in!

Nov. 26: Over the weekend we visited my husband's dad and grandmother in Calhoun.  I often overlook my appreciation for Jason's family because they all live away from Atlanta, so I don't have that constant reminder in my face {like I do with my family always being "here"}.  While his family is wonderful to us and our children, I have to give a special shout-out to my father-in-law for being an incredible dad to Jason and "Pa-Paw" to our kids.  Thank you for all your do for our family, Steve!

Nov. 27: On Mondays, Sammie and I go to our mommy group playdates, and I must say -- these women and their babies are such a breath of fresh air after crazy weekends!  We've been doing these for three months now and Sammie loves them!  She really gets to run the place without having to overcompensate for Matt's dominating personality {b/c he's in school when we go}.

Nov. 28: I'm getting towards the end, but I will NOT let myself forget my closest friends.  I don't know what I do without these ladies.  They each have their role in my life and I feel so blessed that I get to experience my life with these amazing women.  Mini, Erin, Daya, Cindy, Molly, and Jess: thank you for EVERY smile we've shared!

Nov. 29: This one's quick because I could probably write a novel on this, but I'm most thankful for my religion and the strength, faith, and humility it's given me.  In the words of the fabulous Melissa Gorga: "Thank you, Jesus."

Nov. 30: I obviously didn't cover everything I needed or wanted to, so I'll leave this spot open to everything else  :)  Happy Thanksgiving Season, y'all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment