Monday, November 19

Thankful For...



Nov. 14: I'm thankful and appreciative for those in the health industry and hope them success as their industry unravels as our current administration's plans unfold.  Here's to hoping that they be reminded of what prompted them to get into the field to start with.

Nov. 15: In our neighborhood, we have some good neighbors, some great neighbors, some bad neighbors, and some straight up creppy as sh!t neighbors.  Though I'm not thankful for the latter two, I am thankful for the neighbors we have that are polite to us, care for the well-being of our community, and don't seem like sketch-balls.

Nov. 16: Jason, Jason, Jason... what would I do without Jason?  Probably live under an interstate :)  This man is very under-appreciated for all that he does -- not only for our family, but especially for me.  He puts up with sooooo muuuuuch from me that I can't even begin to scratch the surface!!!  I am horrible -- earning a big fat FAIL -- at showing him how much I value his support, love, and patience.  I'd like to not find out, but I truly have no clue what I'd do without him <3

Nov. 17: We enjoyed a FriendsGiving at the house of Ryan and Andrea, who recently got engaged {yay, I love weddings and free food and alcohol}!  Ryan and Jason have been great friends for about 5 years now and I've got to say, one of the perks I get from their friendship is Ryan's awesome cooking.  And this year, he brought his parents down to help him.  Let me just say, I ate THREE full plates of food, plus another serving of the most amazing green beans I've ever tasted. Thank God for great friends {who can cook}!!!!

Nov. 18: I was blessed to have 22 years of knowing all four of my grandparents, and am still blessed to have two of them to this day.  I remember that not all kids in elementary school were able to write about their grandparents for "Grandparents' Day" projects.  I, on the other hand, always could and that made me feel special, like I won the lottery for kids or something.  Also, my dad's parents came to all our events at school.  It was such a great feeling having a grandparent be present when you're little.  It's an extension of your parents, only nicer to you ;-) And what kid wouldn't like to have people like that around them??

Nov. 19: I previously mentioned how lucky I was/am to have known my grandparents.  Well, today I'm going to set aside my favorite grandparent.  I had 27 years of being surrounded by someone who I knew always had my back, even when I was wrong.  I've been told by both sides of my family how much we were alike.  We had the same talents, the same love for animals, the same desires to be the best parent we could be... there's a lot I got from her.  And honestly, she was like a second mother to me, especially since she raised me from when I was 4 months old until about my first birthday while my mom was staying with my dad at St. Joe's during his operations/recoup/radiation and then later in August during his rehab.  I was the little girl she never had, and I knew I brought as much joy to her life as she brought to mine.  I never understood what it was like to think about someone every day until she left the physical world.  I miss her all the time, but know she watches over me.  And she's the best guardian angel little Sammie could ever have :)

24 years old with her favorite dog, Kaiser

She used to dance flamenco, very cool!

Me & my brother with our grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment