Tuesday, April 3

Vegas - Babies = Lonely!

Last week JB and I went to Vegas for an international convention he was attending.  Originally {in the fall} we decided that I would tag alone for the free ride.  Although I've never had a desire to go to Vegas, I figured, 'What the heck, why not go on vacay for free?'  But as the dates got closer and closer, I started to freak out about being away from Matt and Sammie, not to mention concocting all these bogus ideas in my head about every horrific scenario happening while I'm away from them.  Needless to say: I survived; they survived; and I realized I'm a sad, boring little person without my boo-boos.

I was alone during the daytime but managed to keep myself somewhat occupied with some spa time, a quick hour at the pool, and visiting the gardens/sanctuary at The Mirage.  When Jason met me for a late lunch on our last day, we scooted over to the casino and wasted $25... I felt like I just threw those dolla' bills down the toilet!!!!  I can't BELIEVE all the addicts I would see for HOURS spending their money on machines {and let me just say, none of them looked like they were sittin' pretty}.

I got 20 minutes of Jason time when we arrived before he had to book it, but at least he chugged one for me :)

The pool was pretty but it was cold and overcast!

Here are the dolphins {video, too}.  I got so close to them!



 The wild cats were gorgeous!  Panthers, leopards, white and {regular?} tigers, and a white lion!



This big guy was my fave!  He has such a sweet lion face :)  And he was way bigger than any lion I've seen in a zoo.

You can hear him grunting {or "roar"-ing, as Matt calls it}

So all in all I give the trip a C.  I guess I watch too much reality TV because I thought Vegas was a mega pretty people town; I was wrong... it's redneck central {vomit}.  And unless you have a ton of money or like to do copious amount of blow, there's not much to do except the normal vacation stuff like pools, spas, and people watch.  I will say that my time alone with Jason was wonderful, but I was anxious to get back to my bed, my city, my car, and most of all: my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment