Tuesday, November 13
Days of Thanksgiving
Nov. 6: As I was paying for tuition this day, I caught myself being thankful for Matt's teachers and the faculty/staff at his school. These two teachers are amazing at what they do! I know Matt enjoys his time there {even though he's still skeptical about going most mornings}, and I love seeing the artwork, projects, and mini-stories about God and saints that he brings home.
Nov. 7: I'm ever-so-grateful for my little girl. My daughter has been our ray of sunshine and done so much for me... like taught me how to be more of a girly-girl, be patient with people's emotions {hey, I'm obviously still working on that one}, and learn about sharing -- which yes, even as an adult, I struggle with! I love Sammie more than I honestly ever thought I could love another kid after Matt. She's one of the greatest gifts I could have ever been given and I feel so lucky to be given the role of her mama :)
Nov. 8: This one's a short one: Thank you, creator of Pinterest. You fill so much of my valuable time with pictures and ideas of things I'll most likely never need. But I'm addicted to you so, so much!!
Nov. 9: I give my pets a lot of crap for being annoying and whiny, but I really am thankful for them. First off, they're just really, really cute and fun to watch. Second, the kids love them. And they love the kids. And lastly, for some reason, they little love us even though we forget to pay attention to them. That's some unconditional love, right there!
Nov. 10: At Sammie's party this day, I realized how much support we have from family and friends. We had a great group of people come over just to celebrate Sam's birthday. That's kinda cool, when you think about it... that on a busy Saturday, people take time out of their plans to show their love for you and your baby. We're definitely surrounded by a strong and loving group of people.
Nov. 11: Let's face it, with the holidays approaching and shopping and returning being on everyone's to-do list, can we just pause for a moment and give a big "Thank You!" to all the people that work in retail? I mean, really, how do those employees not snap and just go buh-zerk on the shoppers? Their self-control is better than anything I could dream of for myself. Kudos to you, holiday retail workers. ...especially the people at Target and Wal-Mart for letting me exchange my stuff drama-free.
Nov. 12: Times are tough, and only going to get tougher, in my opinion. Although I give a few head-tilts to what the execs do, I still can't be thankful enough for Jason's company and his job with them. They sure do put my man to work, traveling around and working late sometimes, but I'd rather him be gone eight days a week to have the opportunity to like what he's doing and be able to provide for the four of us. So, BIG THANKS TO YOU [Jason's company]! And PS, your Christmas parties are freaking awesome :)
Nov. 13: As I type this, I see the ticket I received for speeding up I-75 two weeks ago. It's going to suck to have to pay $250, but I'm thankful for Officer Jones; he reminded me to bring it down a notch and watch out for myself and my passengers. It's like my dad always tells me: "You have precious cargo in that car." If you know me, you know I have a bad {and dangerous} habit of speeding, so any chance I can be reminded is a chance I'm willing to take. Even if I have to pay $250, because that's a small price to pay, especially considering what can happen when you speed.
Labels:
Holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment