Wednesday, November 14

Double Doctor Visits

Today we went in for Sammie's 1 year check-up.  She's a growin' girl!  She was 32" tall and 21lbs/4oz.  {At Matt's 1 year check-up, he was also 32" tall but almost 24 pounds.}  Everything with sissy looked good, the doctor said, except that she needs to eat her veggies.  This girl is like her daddy: all meat and fruits!  Lucky, she loves beans and hummus, so her hemoglobin was exactly where it should be.  But still... looks like I'll be trying all different kinds of veggies now!

While there, I had him check out Matty and we found out he has his very first EAR INFECTION!  Bummer!  :(  The doctor told me that it's rare -- and good -- that a kid his age has made it this long without getting one.  The good news is, it seems that the cold he's had lingered on for a while before getting to his ear, so it looks like we caught it just in time.  He hasn't been pulling at his ear {tell-tale sign}, and when I asked him if his ear hurt, he said, "No, mama.  No ear hurt.  Nose hurt."  I'm glad for that, because as much as a runny and stuffy nose sucks, an ear ache hurts a hell of a lot worse and I don't want my little tough guy to experience that. 

So off to the pharmacy we went for his first bout with antibiotics.  And then of course, he's totally milking the system... I asked him what he wanted for lunch and he said, "Chicky-Lay.  Want fries and cookie."  Soooooooo of COURSE I had to get him what he wanted :)

Have you seen something more pitiful than this?!

At least he's feeling a little better now :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment