I made my way to Fernbank this morning with the kids after hearing about how great it is from a few people. It was so much fun! Matt wandered around their NatureQuest area, which is like a big indoor forest. It has a few animals like snakes, salamanders, and even 2 baby alligators -- very cool! There's a giant tree house with bridges and nets to climb, and a fake "waterfall" {made with mist and lights} to go through. Unfortunately, there was a a field trip or two there that made it less enjoyable since I was constantly on my toes trying to make sure Matt wasn't being trampled by big kids. After that, we went to the exhibits where we saw different seashells, movie clips on elephants and orangutans, bubbles, a model biplane, and of course the big dinosaur bones. It was a blast for not only Matt but for me, too, so we bought a membership to use throughout the year!
I had met up with an old classmate of mine from high school that lives in the area and has a son a little older than Matt. We got to talking about the different things to do with young kids around Atlanta and came up with a pretty good list. I figured I should get them down on paper {or on here} so I can keep a good reference of what we can do when we want to get out of the house and explore. I'm going to create a new tab that has the list and my own reviews on the places for anyone that wants to read them.
I actually braved the Zoo today by myself, can you believe it!?..and it was to my surprise pretty easy! bought the membership today so we'll have to take the kiddos together this spring and summer :)
ReplyDelete